Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Salamanders Green (part 2A) page 15


The day is nice, today is a light cool mist over everything after weeks of ninety degrees. The coffee is good and strong. I'm sprawled out on the kitchen table with pen and paraphernalia. When I was first married my wife always made sure where ever we lived there was a room for my desk. It was great; a room, a desk, a typewriter and all my books. But as time went on and she and I got farther apart the desk seemed to get lost along the way as we moved and the place got smaller and smaller my room became less and less of a priority no longer, like myself, a necessity. However I did find a substitute for my desk, a most convenient and logical solution - a place to sprawl out and be close to the coffee pot a place generally as far as possible from sleeping children and angry women and even today when I have no typewriter, no home, no wife, I still have a little quiet and solitude here at this long inspiration of kitchen table.

It's nice and cool but I would like some sunlight, sunshine like yesterday, the girl dancing and laughing and I rubbed her sore muscles putting her to sleep in the ragged summer grass there by the stream you can still drink from. Maureen, the way your hair shines golden, the way you wore that yellow tied at the waist shirt - I want to buy you a gold medallion of the sun, little girl I want to lay you out in ninety degrees of heat and fuck you till we melt. Maureen in the sun quiet, cynical, tired, your legs are strong I thought you were nervous but you fell asleep as I worked the tight muscles of your legs yielding up the cheeks of you ass, a long sleek back up around sore shoulders the white ivory neck kissed between the space of blonde laying in the grass my hands unable to stop...

Then there is Maureen in evening laughter,
Restless martial arts forms against the stars
Stoned as shit on some hashish she bought
To see her now, happy, care free, no self put downs,
Golden lady I like to be here...
Maureen your skin is magic,
The night has been beautiful for us
The moonless stars are animals I want to travel among
While your desire is to keep both feet on firm earth
Dancing in the dark I hate to leave you –
All night my fingers shake in their sleep as if I had ten penises each dreaming of your cunt all at once.
Now is eleven a.m. someday July 1980 and the sun struggles with the overcast and I'm still being here at the kitchen table. My son will be four in November. I want to teach him to paint, to play the piano, to live...

Daydream: To be a successful artist so I can have a house where my son can come spend summer. A house with gardens of wild flowers, roses, peppers, onions and tomatoes, a house of tall windows and open empty rooms.

Question: Doesn't every artist want to be Picasso and every writer Henry Miller?
Answer: (fill in to the best of your ability. you may use the other side of the page if you need to.)
______________________________________________

Question: Doesn't loving to create...?
Loving to create, to tears, painfully loving to create. To complete, to create, to live off ones work as if it were food, each painting a mouth full, every sentence something to chew. As I write I must stop too full to take another word, as I paint I must stop lay down and digest, until such time as ravenous with hunger I must begin one or the other once again. Lick the canvasses, suck the colour straight from the tube, chew the smudged papers and sip from squeezed ink pens... It gets me horny to think about. Cigarette moth’s geranium spider web sun grey morning bright with afternoon walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment