Tuesday, May 1, 2012

salamanders green (part 2A) page 21


I have moved my self out side to the pinc nic table under the patio roof, hoping to be quick enough so as to not interrupt my grandmother thoughts. I've also just put some bread for the birds and a pile of unshelled peanuts for the squirrel. It's still a mellow pace nothing threatening rainy day. A pair of blue jays just flew in for an argument over a rye crust while the other birds just hang out of the rain like little discreet decorations placed in the shrubbery that surrounds my Mother's yard. I’m remembering a dream from last night, a dream about my sister well about her tomato plants as she wasn't really in it but I knew it was her who cut down all her five foot plants, cut them in half and then transplanted them to the other side of the tool shed and I thought to myself that it must be too late in the season to transplant and besides who ever heard of pruning tomato plants? And when I looked at the ground where they had been the grass had already covered where her garden used to be.
I just lit a cigarette and about 25 birds went up with the smoke. The squirrel is still eating his peanuts; his tail laid up over his head umbrellaing him from the rain. He looks ridiculous. The Siamese cat I call Maggot watching from under the table, too lazy to risk the rain for either squirrel or bird. The rain harder now, the last few bits of bread aren't worth it for the birds but the squirrel is strung out on peanuts. As for me it's time for a fresh cup and a piss. Now even the squirrel is gone, maybe his umbrella got a cramp?

"It is only when we can believe that we are creating the soul that life has any meaning...." May Sarton. Journal of a Solitude

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
汩瑵摥†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††”
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††”
†††ü 

End Part 2A, Salamanders Green.

No comments:

Post a Comment